The NC Solar Center, including its NC HealthyBuilt Homes Program, is part of North Carolina State University. As a state agency, the Solar Center is subject to state public records law. Please note that this means most or all of the information the Solar Center receives from you must, by law, be disclosed to anyone who requests disclosure.
You should therefore only provide information that you do not want to be kept confidential.
The Solar Center collects certain information automatically when there is a visitor to our website or an Internet communication:
- the date and time
- the originating Internet Provider address (IPA) (this address can refer to a specific computer; more frequently, commercial Internet providers use a temporary IPA which does not link to a specific computer)
- the type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- the object requested
- completion status of the request
- pages visited
We use the summary statistics to help us make our site more useful to visitors, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest to visitors, and for other purposes such as determining the site's technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
The NC Solar Center keeps information such as addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses in internal databases that are not voluntarily disclosed to the general public. All NC Solar Center computers, networks, and databases are secure.
Although links have been thoughtfully chosen based on content, professionalism, and quality of information, the NC Solar Center is not responsible for the accuracy of the information that appears on third party sites. The NC Solar Center also has no control over the privacy policies of third party sites.
The NC Solar Center makes no endorsement of the companies listed or guarantee of the information provided in this website. Users should thoroughly research:
- any firm before purchasing products or services;
- Any technology before implementing or otherwise using the information for construction or other purposes and any program requirements before entering into a contract with that program.
This web site is part of a State Government computer system used to accomplish State Government functions. The NC Solar Center monitors this web site for security purposes to ensure it remains available to all users and to protect information in the system. By accessing this web site, you are expressly consenting to these monitoring activities.
Unauthorized attempts to defeat or circumvent security features, to use the system for other than intended purposes, to deny service to authorized users, to access, obtain, alter, damage, or destroy information, or otherwise interfere with the system or its operation are prohibited.
Evidence of such acts may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities and result in criminal prosecution.