For the Community Leader
How Can You Help Your Community Build NC HealthyBuilt Homes?
- Request a presentation about high performance homes to your Home Builders Association, City Council or other community leaders (click the Contact Us button and request a presentation; please provide relevant information)
- Write or encourage a local newspaper article or other media about NC HealthyBuilt Homes
- Encourage Inspection Departments to learn about sustainable building practices
- Encourage your community to balance people, pocketbook and planet factors related to land planning and community development in local master planning efforts.
Promoting consistency and a common understanding among City/County Departments about sustainable design, construction and maintenance practices and benefits is up to the leadership in your community. Some of the things you can encourage the leaders to do for public buildings include:
- Providing a forum to share information on sustainable design and construction practices among Local Government Departments who finance, plan, design, build, remodel, and maintain local government facilities.
- Use another local government model to create sustainable building guidelines
- Increase the use of sustainable building guidelines for city capital projects and facilities.